Cheese Grotto Classico
The Classico is the original and largest cheese grotto capable of storing 8-10 pounds of cheese in the most ideal climate. This gorgeous bamboo box, with hinged door, uses materials selected for their resilience and durability to satisfy even the most discriminating cheese enthusiast or connoisseur
All cheese grottos can be kept in the refrigerator for long-term storage or on the countertop (like the Europeans do) for short term storage. Everything, from the design to materials used, is selected to maintain cheese integrity and flavor; providing proper ventilation, temperature control, humidity, and light exposure can keep cheese fresh and ready to eat for weeks.
Beyond functionality, The Classico truly looks charmingly functional on your countertop or on a shelf in your refrigerator and will start many conversations that all end the same way...sharing cheese with people you love.
- 12 inch deep x 7.5 inch diameter x 8.5 inch tall
- Holds up to 10 lbs of cheese
- Made with food safe, sustainable, non-toxic bamboo
- Resistent to mold and stains
- Two removable shelves (either bamboo or black resin)
- Soapstone chalk
- 2 oz bottle of mineral oil
- Handcrafted clay brick for humidity control
- Vaulted ceiling for condensation control
- Antimicrobial floor
- Plexi-glass front paneling for easy viewing
- Can be used to age, ripen, and cure cheese
- For 7 to 10 days, you can store cheese in the Grotto under 70ºF on the counter or in a cellar, like the French do.
- For long-term storage of cheese, it is recommended to keep the Cheese Grotto at refrigeration temperatures (34ºF to 39º F, preferably 39ºF).
- Handmade in the USA
- Hand wash shelves with extremely hot water and a splash of distilled white vinegar.
- Allow the Grotto shelves to air dry between uses.
- For maintenance of the bamboo shelves, a monthly application of mineral oil is recommended.
- Wood has the potential to harbor bacteria and pathogens if not cleaned properly and regularly.
- 3 weeks
Check out more work by Cheese Grotto.