Cheese Grotto Mezzo
Slightly smaller than both The Classico and The Fresco, The Mezzo has just one removable shelf and fits easily in your refrigerator. Weighing only 4 lbs makes it easy to move from fridge to table; it’s truly an ideal way to store, display, and serve cheese all in one.
All cheese grottos can be kept in the refrigerator for long-term storage or on the countertop (like the Europeans do) for short term storage. Everything, from the design to materials used, is selected to maintain cheese integrity and flavor; providing proper ventilation, temperature control, humidity, and light exposure can keep cheese fresh and ready to eat for weeks.
Beyond functionality, The Mezzo truly looks charmingly functional on your countertop or on a shelf in your refrigerator and will start many conversations that all end the same way...sharing cheese with people you love.
- 9” deep x 7” wide x 6” tall
- Holds 2 pounds of cheese
- Made with food safe, sustainable, non-toxic birch wood
- Resistant to mold and stains
- Bamboo shelf and soapstone chalk
- Handcrafted clay brick for humidity control
- Vaulted ceiling for condensation control
- Antimicrobial floor
- Genuine leather tab with copper mount
- Plexi-glass front paneling for easy viewing
- Sliding door is easy to open and close in the refrigerator
- For 7 to 10 days, you can store cheese in the Grotto under 70ºF on the counter or in a cellar, like the French do.
- For long-term storage of cheese, it is recommended to keep the Cheese Grotto at refrigeration temperatures (34ºF to 39º F, preferably 39ºF).
- Made in the USA
- Hand wash bamboo shelf with extremely hot water and a splash of distilled white vinegar.
- Allow the Grotto shelf to air dry between uses.
- For maintenance of the bamboo shelf, a monthly application of mineral oil is recommended.
- Wood has the potential to harbor bacteria and pathogens if not cleaned properly and regularly.
- 1-2 business days