Casserole, Tuscan Gold
Versatile flameware pots that will steam rice, stew beef, simmer soup, slow cook grass-fed meats, bake bread, braise lamb shanks, or make your favorite chili, adding depth to every recipe. Practical to work with due to the uniquely designed handles and tight fitting lid.
Flameware is a specially formulated type of clay that withstands thermal shock and avoids cracking. Each pot can go from the refrigerator or freezer into a hot pre-heated oven or grill.
Tuscan Gold is an active glaze with a lively surface ranging in color from straw yellow to amber orange to dark autumn gold.
Each pot is handmade and may vary slightly in surface and size. Each pot is hand-dipped in glaze, and fired in a kiln that allows the flame to kiss the surface of the pots. These valued components give varied and lovely surfaces recording the process of making and firing.
- Available in 2 or 4 quart size
- Tuscan Gold glaze
- Made in the USA
- Use under the broiler, on the grill, on the stove (gas, electric, glass top, or wood), and in the oven
- Microwave safe
- Dishwasher safe, or hand wash with soaking, soap, and water
- Feel free to use a scouring pad as it will not harm the surface
- The surfaces of Cook on Clay pots will change through use and over time. If you wish, a bit of vegetable oil rubbed into the surface after cleaning will rid the surface of color change
- 7-10 days
Check out other work by Cook on Clay.