Vein Turquoise Carving Set
The power of water, wind and time have worked it's magic at the Nacozari Mine in Sonora, Mexico, just south of Bisbee, Arizona. These forces have created beautiful Vein Turquoise, which runs like a river sandwiched between canyon walls. The host rock, or boulder, offers a wonderful contrast to the Vein Turquoise that it surrounds.
Our Vein Turquoise is a unique new presentation for Santa Fe Stoneworks table cutlery. We hope you enjoy our Vein Turquoise now, and as a future heirloom to be appreciated for years to come.
- 14 inches
- All stone and shell are hand sanded and put into a panel
- Panel is hand sanded
- Designed and preplanned by craftsman
- Hafting of the handle
- Quality checked
- Polished on a wheel
- Made in the USA
- Dishwasher is not recommended, hand wash only
- When not in use, keep your cutlery in the gift box in which it came. After use, wash the blade with soap and water, wipe down the handle with a soft cloth, and dry the piece before putting it away. Occasionally, wipe down the handle with a good quality, liquid furniture polish to maintain its luster.
- Use a good, medium/fine stone or steel to sharpen, moistened with light oil.
- Be sure to maintain the same angle for each stroke (we recommend a 20° angle for a good, general-purpose edge).
- Count your honing strokes; then turn the blade over and hone with an equal number of strokes.
- Start strokes with heavy pressure, then ease off to a lighter pressure and finish with a light stroke — both sides.
- NOTE: Never use a power-driven grinding wheel to sharpen your knife. This can heat the blade to the point where its temper (a hardening process accomplished by heating and quenching) is damaged.
- 1-2 weeks
Check out more product by Santa Fe Stoneworks.